While the new Sony camera seems promising for photographers, A7S Mark III has video recording features such as 8K. Although, it can be disappointing for many videographers since A7S Mark III is a video-focused mirrorless camera. Accordingly, the newly launched Canon EOS R5 is a mirrorless camera with video shooting capability of 8K. But the Japanese camera manufacturer Sony claims that A7S Mark III shoots 4K video in very dark surroundings. Related Article: URSA Mini Pro 12K PL Cinematic Camera
Sony A7S Mark III: Specifications and features
- It uses the E-mount system. This camera has a touch screen LCD screen with 3-inch flip-out. Additionally, the camera brings a redesigned navigation system with the touch screen interface.
- The A7S Mark III is equipped with a 12.1-megapixel back-illuminated full-frame Exmor R CMOS image sensor and BIONZ image processing engine XR. The successor of Sony A7S Mark II has an ISO scale from 40-to-409 600.
- There is a fast hybrid autofocus system in A7S Mark III with 759 point phase-detection AF sensor covers 92 per cent of the image sensor. Additionally, the camera offers real-time eye tracking AF and real-time.
- For video recording capabilities, it includes 4K at 120p, 10 bit 4: 2: 2 colour depth, the All-Intra recording, HS XAVC format with H.265 codec and more.
- There is 5-axis optical image stabilization in A7S Mark III which makes the handheld shots better.
- Tye A CFexpress dual card slot comes equipped with the A7S Mark III.